Training & Placement Cell
Equipping the students with relevant and conceptualized professional skills and guiding them towards a bright future and career all around the world with the values of – ‘Sincerity’, ‘Hard Work’ and ‘Ethics’.
Training and Placement Cell is to guide students to choose right career and to give knowledge, skill, and aptitude and meet the manpower requirements of the Industry.
- To assist students to develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group sessions
- Maintaining and regularly updating the database of students. Maintaining database of companies and establishing strategic links for campus recruitments.
- Gathering information about job fairs and all relevant recruitment advertisements.
- Coordinating with companies to learn about their requirements and recruitment procedures
- Identifying the needs and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting most suitable candidates.
- Organizing pre-placement training/workshops/seminars for students.
- Arranging periodic meetings with Human Resources Department of companies and TPO’s to promote recruitments.
- To assist students for industrial training at the end of the fourth and sixth semester.
- To provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
- To act as a link between students, alumni, and the employment community.
- To assist students in obtaining placement in reputed companies.
- Highlighting articles on departmental notice boards regarding Competitive & Industrial Career Opportunities.
- Inform students about the available job opportunities in government sectors and off campus drives.
- Arranging Motivational Talks.
- Conducting Psychometric Test.
- Conducting Expectation Management Workshops.
- Conducting Personality Development Programs
- Conducting Skill Imbibing Programs
Training & Development:
Keeping in view the industry requirements, the training curriculum is designed for preparing the students for entry-level Graduate Engineer Trainees.
- Personality Development
- Communication Skills & Vocabulary
- Resume Preparation & Email Writing
- Group Discussion
- Interview Skills
- Aptitude Training & Practice Tests
The industry is always on the lookout for students who are vibrant, energetic individuals and ready to accept challenges, attentive, a good academic background, fast learners, open to learning even at work and more importantly, good communication skills. This activity focuses on the personality development to make the students reliable, with a positive attitude and right decision making.
- Guiding for preparation.
- Arranging mock Interviews.
- Conducting weekly Aptitude tests
- Communicating with Alumni for available openings.
- Communicating with industry for campus interviews.
- The role of the Training and Placement Cell is of a facilitator and councilor for placement related activities. Training and Placement cell does not guarantee a job.
- The placement facility is available to all the students registered with Training & Placement Cell through ONE JOB TO ONE STUDENT.
- It is mandatory for the students to attend aptitude and other trainings (Resume Writing/Email Writing/GD/PI/ PSD Training) failing to which students will not be allowed to participate in any Training & Placement Activity.
- College uniform is mandatory for students to be present in the Campus Recruitment Programme, failing which students will not be allowed to appear for campus interview.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by the visiting team or their representatives.
- For pre-placement talks (PPT) students should be present at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time at the venue & be seated. Delay in reporting will disqualify the student from recruitment process. Students should be punctual & once the HR People/Company representative enters the venue all doors will be closed and NO ENTRY to the students.
- Canvassing with the Company Personnel will disqualify the candidature of the student. If students face any difficulty or have any queries, they should contact the member of T&P cell only. Students should not contact the recruiter directly. This should be strictly followed.
- Any student who has received offer letter, must inform the Placement office and submit the photocopy of the same as soon as possible.
- Students should give their information to participate in Campus Recruitment Programmes. Also students need to check their information regularly and update the same whenever required. As this information will be shared with the industries. If any student failed to fill or update the information, he/she may miss the opportunity to participate in the campus recruitment drives.
- A nice ambience should be maintained by the students during the Placements/Recruitment programme. Any behavior bringing disgrace to the Institute will not be tolerated and strict action will be taken against such students. Students should follow professional etiquettes. If found guilty, such students will be disqualified from further placement activity.
- Any breach of these rules shall lead to the student getting debarred from the placement process.
- During the Campus Recruitment Programme, a student who opts for the written test should mandatorily appear for the GD/PI also, failing which he/she will be debarred from the Campus Recruitment Programme for all other subsequent companies. Students should have positive approach towards placement drives.
- Those students, who do not wish to participate for any recruitment process, must inform the T&P office in advance, so as to give opportunity to the other students.
- If market situation and Job scenario necessitates a revision in the Placement Policy, it will be done in a manner so as to maximize the benefit to the student community as a whole.